1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Status From H1b To Green Card?

Discussion in 'How to start the green card process' started by DanSGer, Oct 4, 2017.

  1. DanSGer

    DanSGer New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I'm on a valid H1B until August 2018 and plan to stay with my employer as long as possible. I also just recently got married and we wanted to get the green card process started but I'm somewhat uncertain about all required documents ( I need to travel outside the US in February 2018).

    Are following documents all we need to send?
    1) I-130 filled out by my wife who is a US citizen
    2) I-131
    3) I-485 application for permanent resident
    4) I-864
    5) I-693 medical examination results

    6) I-765 - to be eligible to work for any US company( Do I need to fill out a new one since my H1B is still valid through August 2018?)
    7) I-131 - travel permission? (Do i need this despite valid H1B?)

    Thank you very much

Share This Page