1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Employer But No I-140 Approval Notice

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by chinken, Apr 28, 2016.

1. chinken

chinken New Member

Dear Ron,

I have been following this Forum for a long time and you are doing a wonderful Job answering questions posted by 1000's of Users.,

Here I am with my Question.

I am with my current employer for almost 10 years now and I have my I-140 approved and I don't have a copy of my I-140 Approval Notice but I have the I-140 receipt number.

On one of the threads, You have mentioned that a when filing for Adjustment of Status with the New Employer, if I include the Previous Employer's I-140 Approval Notice along with the New Employer's I-140 Notice, I should be able to retain the Priority Dates from this thread.
    http://www.immigration-information....proved-retaining-the-old-priority-date.16863/

Would it be possible to retain the Priority Dates by just submitting the receipt number?

2. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

get it through foia

3. chinken

chinken New Member

I tried the FOIA, but they didn't send me the I-140 Approval Copy, Instead they sent me all the Case Files like LC, I-140 Form etc.

4. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

you can get it through foia. you have be specific about it. A lot of people have got a copy of i-140.

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

All you really need is the file number of the old case. They will pull the file and verify that the I-140 was approved. Even if you had the original approval notice, they would still do this.