1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Of Status - Opt To O1

Discussion in 'Non-working nonimmigrant issues' started by Murans, Jul 4, 2016.

  1. Murans

    Murans New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    I came to US on J1 visa (that has 2 year HRR requirement). Later i converted it into F1 and then started working in US on OPT. In order to change status from J1 to F1, i had to go back to my home country and go through consular processing. Now my opt is about to expire so i am thinking of apply for O1 visa. My question is that can i change my status from F1 to O1 within US (given that i held a J1 visa in past that has 2 year HRR and it has not yet fulfilled)?


Share This Page