1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change of status from H4 to F1

Discussion in 'College and University Staff' started by Anupriyas, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Anupriyas

Anupriyas Junior Member

Hi,
    i am presently in US on H4. I have recently got admit from one of the reputed US universities for MS
    I have following doubts
    1) I wish you apply for change of status staying in US. What is the procedure and where can I find the info?
    2) Can I show my husband and father both as sponsors?
    3) suppose my sponsor 1 says he will will support 50k and sponsor 2 writes 50 k affidavit . Then will these sponsers have to show financial capability of 50 k each or sponsor 1 can show total assets of 80 k and sponsers 2 can show total assets of 30 k during visa interview will be fine?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: Change of status from H4 to F1

First, unless practical training is important to you, don't bother to switch to F1; you may attend school as an H4. There are a number of advantages to studying as an H4 including the ability to take less than a full load and also, in many states, to qualify for in-state tuition. If you do wish to change status to F1, simply file an I-539 with all required supporting documents. Your school should be able to help you file the I-539.

3. Anupriyas

Anupriyas Junior Member

Re: Change of status from H4 to F1

Hi,
    thanks for the response.
    what can cause a rejection of change of status from h4 to f1 ?
    After I get change of status approved, If I travel to home country before my course completes then while coming back are there chances of f1 getting rejected? If it gets rejected will i lose my h4 as well ?