1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Pd Of Perm Be Revoked By Existing Employer

Discussion in 'PERM modernization' started by SBR, Oct 23, 2015.

1. SBR

SBR New Member

Hello Ron ,

I am in trouble. Please help.

My current company has filed PERM (LCA) on May 2015. Now suddenly they have started some delay of pay check and it may be a recurring problem going forward. But as it is almost 6 month since my PERM has been filed and I may get it approved by end of this year so thinking not to take a haste decision to move on with another employer because it will be wastage of 6 months time invested so far for PERM.

Now my questions are :

1) Once the PERM approve and if I leave my current employer joining a new consulting firm - will be the PD remain be valid ( if my new employer starts filing I-140 based upon the PD of old employer)

2) If I need to wait for I-140 to be approved which may take middle of the next year 2016 and after that if I move to a new employer - will the new employer be able to apply my I-140 based upon the PERM approved of old employer utilizing the PD date already set as May 2015 ( assuming if I leave current employer, they will revoke/cancel my approved I-140)? Or my new employer needs start over again from the PERM and I need to wait for a new PD ?

Thanks in advanced !

2. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

You will need approved I140 from current employer to preserve priority. You will still need to restart with perm with next employer

3. SBR

SBR New Member

ok. But can I use the same priority date as May 2015 for the next PERM with new employer ? I am concerned about the length of the whole GC processing time. If new PD to ve set for new PERM then it seems to be back to the circle one once again which I do not want.

4. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

yes you get to keep priority after I 140 approval.

5. SBR

SBR New Member

Thanks Cuckoo for your valuable information !