1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I start to work using an EAD card with typo on it?

Discussion in 'General HR issues' started by sword321, Aug 9, 2012.

1. sword321

sword321 Junior Member

Hello,

On June 22, I filed my application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765). On July 3, I found a typographical error on the Form I-765 (My given name was entered as surname, and my surname was enter as given name, i.e., my surname and given name is interchanged on Form I-765). I immediately contacted USCIS by calling the customer service number, and made a request to correct this typographical error. And I received a confirmation mail with a referral ID from USCIS several days later saying “The typographical error has been corrected on your Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765).” On August 9, I received my EAD card. However the error is still not corrected. My surname and given name is still interchanged. Do I need to request an EAD card replacement service to correct this error. This process usually takes 1-3 months. I need to start my job at the beginning of September. So can I use this EAD card? If not how to expedite the process of correcting this typo and getting a new EAD card? Or any other suggestions? Thank you very much.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: Can I start to work using an EAD card with typo on it?

I don't see any problem with working, but you should get the card corrected.