1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boehner Gone. Will The Congressional Gop Implode?

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by cuckoo, Sep 25, 2015.

1. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

With Boehner gone, the tea party would have free run to run everything to ground, that is whatever is left of Congressional functioning, which is probably not much. It is a colossal waste of public money and now it is headed to la la land like never before.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The Taliban wing of the House GOP caucus is still a minority - perhaps 50 members. They are vastly outnumbered. They can cause trouble, but I don't think they have the power to advance their agenda.

3. allswell

allswell Guru

then what triggered the resignation - if the noise was that feeble, I think as mr. trump and other idiots get attention in media, it just sets fire under these Nazi-ers and it acts like rocket fuel

I mean seriously, if any, anyone other than a moderate R is voted to Office, I wouldn't doubt another Hitler in brewing

4. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Provided that the silent majority wakes up and has the courage to stand up to the talibans.

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

They had enough votes to strip him of his Speakership, but not much more than that. They don't have enough votes to push through any of their pet legislation, but they have enough to block other legislation.