1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B2 Visa

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by Yogeeta, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Yogeeta

Yogeeta New Member

Hi Ron, We have applied for B2 visa (me, my husband & son), actually going for my medical treatment in October last week there and its just for 23 days we are going to be in US. My cousin brother stays in US & we would be staying with him for a while (not entire stay). All details were mentioned in visa form as well as letter we got from doctor's office n US & also a letter from my treating physician here. We appeared for interview yesterday. My husband told he is serving in defence & looks after HR in present post &We got 221g green slip saying visa is pending & passports were given back to us. We have been told to mail some additional information about my husband's professional academic background in a detailed CV & asked for 3 professional references. Are only professional references names & contact nos. supposed to be mentioned in the document or what exact details they need to be mentioned. Please guide. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks & Regards, Yogeeta.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I have no idea why they asked for that information.

3. Yogeeta

Yogeeta New Member

Even we are in a spin. In 3 professional references are we supposed to specify detailed information about the people we would mention or only names & contact nos. of those personnels would do. We are stuck on this point. Please could you help.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Again, I have no idea why they requested this. I've never seen it before.

5. Prak patel

Prak patel New Member

Hi Ron,

I am here in USA with my wife on H1B visa since 2011.My parents applied visitor visa for 3 times and every time they got rejection. I even tried with Letter of Support from senator, but still no success. I think every time they (Visa officers) just refer the previous decision while making decision for current application. Now I am ran out of options. I don't have any idea to improve my parents visa application. Any suggestion from you is appreciable.

6. Greeeeencard

Greeeeencard Guru

Do your parents have strong ties back home, I mean a permanent home, agriculture land etc, and are you the only child for them or they have others settled in home country?

7. Prak patel

Prak patel New Member

Yeah they have permanent home, agriculture land and many properties in India. I am not only child for them, they are living with my elder brother, I have provided them every documents for visa including Letter of Support from senator.

Thanks

8. Greeeeencard

Greeeeencard Guru

That's kind of weird my friend. I hope they will get their visa soon.