1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrested When 17, Need Some Help Answering Couple Questions

Discussion in 'Naturalization to become a US citizen' started by polak23, Feb 1, 2017.

1. polak23

polak23 New Member

To make it short and sweet i was 17 when i got caught smoking weed in public. I was taken in the station, fingerprinted and had to wait for my mom to pick me up. I had teen court a month later and i was to do 16hrs of community service and a drug and alcohol abuse class. After completion my record was to be expunged which it was.

Need some help answering the questions below:

23. Have you EVER been arrested,cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?

I selected yes.

24. Have you ever been charged with committing, attempting to commit, or assisting in committing a crime or offense?

I am confused on what to put here since i really don't know if i was ever charged or not.

25. Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense?

Not sure what to put for this because of my incident. But i would guess and say "no"? Since i did what they required me to do and my record was cleared?

Also, what would i put as the outcome of my disposition?
    No charges filed / charges dismissed?

I don't have any of the documents from that time so i am not exactly sure which one it is. I tired to get a police report but they don't have it. I went to district court and had my record checked and it came out clean.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Answer yes and provide all of the facts that you have, including the unavailability of records.