1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrest Warrant Issued in 2006.

Discussion in 'Criminality' started by raminfo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. raminfo

raminfo Junior Member

Hi Ron,

I came to US in 2006 and was driving car without registration, international DL, TX driving permit and some other violations,.
    I got traffic ticket and was issued $ 700 Ticket. I was new to US at that time and was not having money to pay.

I got job in other state and moved there. I received several warning to my old address but I was unware of it. Later when my friend noticed several letters from polica. he opened one of them and saw that arrest warrant was issues on my name in TX state. he immediately notified me and promtly paid the fine about Approx 900 $.

but now, I am close to filing my I-485 and reading your forums. I am scared if, this arrest warrant will effect my GC processing. Please share your thoughts on it and let me know, if I can check my records myself.

Thanks again for your time and efforts.

Sincerely
    Ram

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: Arrest Warrant Issued in 2006.

As long as you have taken care of it, this won't be a problem when you adjust status.

3. raminfo

raminfo Junior Member

I am very thankful to your reply.
    Is there a way to check the status of these kind of tickets/court case.

When USCIS do background check, will they see this information on arrest warrant ?.

Thank you.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If it has been resolved, then there is nothing to worry about no matter what shows up. They are only concerned about outstanding warrants.

5. raminfo

raminfo Junior Member

Thanks Ron.