1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Approved I140 And Out Of Usa

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by Rahul_cb, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Rahul_cb

Rahul_cb New Member

I have approved I140 before I left USA and I have been out of country for more than 1 year. My Priority Date is current and my H1B visa is expired. I was on H1B visa for about 11 years.

Can you please suggest how new President's executive action can help me to get back to USA withing short period of time?

2. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

As of today there isn't anything that can help you come back to US with an approved I-140. In fact there isn't anything in the EO that helps people on H1B.

You have to find an employer who can file PERM, I-140 and once you have an approved I-140 you can do consular processing. Currently PERM approvals take about 7 months and 10-11 months including the recruitment and cooling off period.

bhuvr likes this.
  3. Rahul_cb

Rahul_cb New Member

Thanks for your reply.

But if some company sponsors my H1B visa and I come back to USA then as per EO can I use my approved I140 from previous employer to get EAD?

4. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

USCIS has not come out with any details on proposed relief measures. Why don't you talk to your old employer ?