1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying H1b Extension When Amendment Is Pending

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by reddy1000, Dec 14, 2015.

1. reddy1000

reddy1000 New Member

Hello Ron,

Around 3 months back I moved to a new client location and filed amendment in regular processing which is still pending. Now my h1b is about to expire in 4 months. Can we file h1b extension in premium processing when regular h1b amendment is pending? If yes what happens to the amendment application when my premium processing h1b extension gets approved? Thanks a lot for answering our questions and helping us to over come this complicated processes.

Thanks
    Satish

2. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

The lawyer will probably request to approve the first petititon before approving the extension

3. desigal25

desigal25 New Member

Hello Satish,
    I am exactly in the same situation as you. Filed amendment in regular processing which is still pending. Now my h1b is about to expire in 4 months.
    Planning to apply for H1B visa Extension Through Premium Processing. Will that work. OR my H1B extension will not be approved by USCIS until the H1B amendment petition is approved by USCIS ?