1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying For I-485, About Birth Place In Birth Certificate And Passport

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by Ven0206, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Ven0206

Ven0206 New Member

Hi Ron,

I have a question here about Birth place in Passport and latest Birth Certificate.

Andhra Pradesh in India was divided into 2 states as Andhrapradesh and Telangana in 2014.
    When i was born my birth place was Hyderabad(City), Andhrapradesh(State), now that region is in Telangana(state), In my passport it has mentioned as Hyderabad(City), Andhrapradesh(state) as Birthplace
    Recently i have applied my birth certificate with my current state Telangana, they provided it has Hyderabad(City), Telangana(State) as Birthplace.

What do i need to mention in 485 application? in BirthPlace?

Will it cause any problems in 485? as Birth place is different in passport and 485 application?
    Do i need to mention any affidavits, that due to place division, AP is divided into 2 states, Hyderabad is now belongs to Telangana?

Please provide your valuable information..

2. Santy

Santy Guru

I would provide an affidavit with whatever statements you made.

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I don't see that becoming a problem. If they ask about it, just explain the facts. You don't need to do anything special. If it really bothers you, add a note to your file that explains the situation.