1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apply H4ead, Continue Working On H1

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by dhakkan, Oct 9, 2015.

1. dhakkan

dhakkan Senior Member

While H4 & H4 EAD are applied, can one continue to work on H1? Considering it is taking upwards of 6 months for a status change, I don't want my spouse to sit at home for 6 months waiting for H4 & EAD. Do I have an option here?

We have a tricky situation with upcoming travel abroad, with spouse's end client hesitant to provide a client letter, H1 visa stamping can get risky. So we are considering the H4 route.

2. IAmLegalAlien

IAmLegalAlien New Member

As per my understanding about this subject is one can continue to work until the H1 to H4 Change Of Status gets approved. Once COS to H4 gets approved, until you get the EAD application approved and you get the EAD card at hand you cannot work.

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Yes you can.

4. specifione

specifione Junior Member

one need to stop working after online status change or can we wait untill we get approval notice on hand?

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You can wait until you get the paper notice.

6. banerjee

banerjee Junior Member

Can we select H4 COS date in the future say 15 Feb 2016 for my spouse when filing along with my H1B extension due of 15 Dec 2015, or the date has to be no later than 15 Dec 2015. Please advice.