1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Application To The Dv Lottery With Usafis

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by John06, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Stacy Boland

Stacy Boland New Member

O.k so after talking to USAFIS I'm applying for the green card lottery, and they are very helpfull with filling out the application. USAFIS have 24/7 customer services provided in czech and in other foreign languages for the applicants - great bonus.
    I also know they check applications for errors, and they lead you according to the U.S government requirements.

I heard the U.S government have special requirements for the photo for the U.S consular interview. Does anyone have any recommendations how the photo should look like?

2. John06

John06 New Member

First of all good luck with the application. wish you a lot of succsess :)
    About the photo requiremnts of USAFIS - as far as i know their requiremnts are based on the U.S government requiremnts. you should be aware that you're photo looks clear, and your hair and look is official and not amature. I heard many times that people who didn't followed their requiremnts, their application was not even checked.

You can check out the U.S ambassy site or even USAFIS site to see some examples.

3. John06

John06 New Member

Hey Stacy, from my experience the photo issue is very important so you should not play with it. I heard about a lot of people that no reference was received for their applications. My suggestion to you is to enter USAFIS website and check the requiremnts. Check u.s government website as well for the other requiremnts you need to know.

Follow the instructions and everything is going to be o.k :)

4. Stacy Boland

Stacy Boland New Member

Thank you all for your answers and help. I did checked about the photo requiremnts and you all were right about the importantcy of it. It's not so hard to find the requiremnts online actually - the photo need to look formal, the hair need to be tied back (if you have a long hair. in other cases it's just need to look straight), and the dress need to be casual. that's in short.

Any way i'm going again next week to proceed the application process, and hope I will make it right. wish me luck

5. Jimmyy

Jimmyy New Member

Hello everyone, I was reading all of you tips for the application process and to be honest I didn't understood one thing- the photograph issues are USAFIS requiremnts or the u.s government requiremnts?

My uncle already started the application process and he is following USAFIS requiremnts. They are leading him through the all process so I guess they know what they are doing. But he didn't found any special requiremnts the u.s government are asking. Any way, to another thing - does anyone here already was or know someone who was in the consoul interview and can give some advices? It will be very helpfull, thanx.

6. John06

John06 New Member

Stacy - Good luck. Hope it went well.

Jimmy - about the photo issue. We talked about it a lot here, so just Google it or look for previous messages and you will get what you need. I know that anyone have another experience about the consoulate interview. I can tell you from my own experience that he ask about your past and the reasons you want to go to the U.S, either how long you are planing to stay there, your life status etc.

Those kind of questions are easy to find on the internet, also on USAFIS website. If you have any more questions PM me and i'll help you, but I really recommend you to visit USAFIS website and look up for your questions.

7. Stacy Boland

Stacy Boland New Member

Ok so after being at the consoulate interview I can say for sure that USAFIS prepared me the best, unlink other fake immigration companies I checked for.

For those who are prepering themselves for the interview you should know that you will be asked for the reasons you want to get a green card, about your previous jobs, study, places you lived in, criminal record etc. I had a really good experience with the interview and USAFIS are very helpfull so I really recommend you to ask their help.

8. Jimmyy

Jimmyy New Member

Does the consoulate interview in that critic for the green card visa? I mean, what if it doesn't go well and the dinamic with the consoulate is not good? how does that impact the process? Is it worth to speak to USAFIS about such a thing?

I'm asking because I have a interview next week and i'm very nervious about it. though maybe I'll call usafis and ask them those questions but i'm afraid it's to wired to ask for that kind of help LOL.

stacy please PM about that.

9. Stacy Boland

Stacy Boland New Member

Hey jimmy, tried to contact you but without succes. The consoulate interview is very important for the process, but there are many other things that effects too. I don't think speaking with USAFIS will help you - they can advice you about the interview, but only the u.s government is responsible for the following progress of the process.

The best advice I can give you is just be yourself and be honest. There is no right answer or wrong answer, the aim is just to know you and your intentions - nothing else. Good luck

10. John06

John06 New Member

Hey Stacy, I thought maybe we can right down some advices for people who are during the green card visa process. I believe it will help them.
    The most important thing you guys need to know about the process is that - everything you need to know is online.

You can find a lot of information on USAFIS website for example, or you can just google any question you have and you'll find a lot of great answers online.

11. Jimmyy

Jimmyy New Member

Thank you guys for the help and everything.

I have a consulate interview next week and i'm super nervous, hope it's going to be o.k. I looked at USAFIS website and I got a lot of information, so I feel much more ready than before. They also told me I need to wait a few months untill I'll get an aswer about the process, so keep your finger crossed for me!

12. Jimmyy

Jimmyy New Member

Ok so for now I'm still waiting for answers from the interview, but I have some tips for those who are waiting for the consulate interview as well.
    First and the most important thing is to be true and honest about who you are and why you want to get a green card. Second, you can use USAFIS website - you can find a lot pf information about the whole process in general, but you can also find a lot of helpfull information about the consulate interview.

The interview is less nervious than I thought, but they look for honesty so just be yourselfs and everything will be o.k

13. Stacy Boland

Stacy Boland New Member

Great! From my own experience USAFIS does have a very usefull website, where you can find a lot of information.

To be honest I think that the most important part in the process is the consulate interview, so you need to invest your all power to that interview.
    Any way, what's next? I'm waiting for an answer from the interview for a long time, does someone know for how long should I wait for an answer?

14. John06

John06 New Member

Stacy i think that now you just need to wait for an answer. I don't know for how long, but i remember i saw information about it at usafis website. any way you can google it and you'll find some answer that will help you.

Good Luck

15. Jimmyy

Jimmyy New Member

Stacy from my experience it took between 2-3 weeks to get an answer, but it's changes sometimes so don't count on it.
    Any way if you are doing the process thorugh USAFIS you can wait 2-3 weeks and if you don't get any answer, just call them and ask them about it. They will help you, don't worry :)

16. Stacy Boland

Stacy Boland New Member

Thank you boys. I looked at USAFIS website and it was written it takes between 2-3 weeks to get an answer.

A friend of mine is starting her process to get the green card visa also, and I recommend her to use USAFIS services. Any way, If someone of you know anyone who already did all the process and got his green card, please let me know and I will contact between them (if it's ok) to calm here down because she is very nervous (she have a very hard story life so she really need that visa).

Thank you.

17. John06

John06 New Member

Stacy I can conact between her and one of my friends who did all the process last year, also with USAFIS. Maybe one of them can help her.
    I have a lot of friends who did that with diferrent companies but those who did it with USAFIS was the most satisfied so I think it's better for her to speak with them.
    I don't know much about the differences about the services but I believe they can give her some advices.

18. Jimmyy

Jimmyy New Member

Hi Stacy,

You didn't answer my last message. As i wrote before, one of my friends went threw the process with USAFIS company, and he was happy about it. I know some other people that went threw the process with some other companies, and they weren't as satisfied as my friend that contaced USAFIS. Anyway, i wish you best of luck!

19. Stacy Boland

Stacy Boland New Member

Hi there Jimmy,

It's ok, i don't need you to connect me to one of your friends because i contacted USAFIS company by myself. I looked online for more information about USAFIS and i heard some great stuff. I hope i'll reach my goal as soon as possible. I will let you know as soon as i know more about the process. Thanks again and have an amazing day!

20. John06

John06 New Member

Dear Stacy,

I'm glad to hear that you found a company (USAFIS) that you can connect to. As i told you before, i heard a lot of good things about USAFIS organization as well. I'll be more then happy to know if you satisfied from their services, so i would use them as well. Have an amazing day and week, with best wishes, John.