1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aos Filing Discussion

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by djayash, Sep 10, 2015.

1. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

I guess this is most common issue for most of the Indians. It is similar to my case. Usually in our birth certificates "place of birth" will be listed with hospital name/taluk/mandal/colony name/town/etc. However, usually in the passports the "Place of Birth" is listed with District names.

So, if you have the birth certificate then it should have something like "Government of Tamil Nadu" and "Chennai Municipal Corporation" and your place of birth will be listed as mentioned above i.e. hospital name/taluk/mandal/colony name/town/etc. Now, if you check your passport the place of birth should be listed as "Chennai."Technically, this should resolve this issue.

Not sure if we require one more affidavit as my friends who has the same issue got their GC's without getting an affidavit. Not even sure what affidavit we should get.

Experts, please correct if I am assuming wrong.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You can pretty much use whatever you want (unless there is a terrorist out there with the same name). All they are really looking for is country of birth.

Sunyaang likes this.
  3. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

Ron,

In G325A there is field where I have to write the "Name in Native Alphabet". So, Should I have to write "Full Name" or Just "First" and "Middle Name (If applicable)" ? Also, Why do they ask this info, Just curious?

Thanks.

4. Ron Gotcher

Write your full name. It is to make sure they have the correct name if they have to do a field investigation.

5. allswell

allswell Guru

I cant find that field on the form.

6. allswell

allswell Guru

ok found it and it looks like I missed it - should we write our name in our mother tongue/native lang - I know I sound silly but want to make sure

R_S likes this.
  7. R_S

R_S Guru

hahhaha ENGLISH man ENGLISH !!

8. Ratna Kumar

Ratna Kumar New Member

Ron,

Do the affidavits for birth certificates need to be in original, when sent to USCIS?

9. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

Copies should do. You need to carry originals when you called for an interview or if USCIS explicitly issue an RFE for the originals.

Ron Gotcher likes this.
  10. djayash

djayash Guru

I was told we need to send them certified originals.....Normally, we are given more than one certified copies when we apply...

11. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

So just to make sure, certified copies of the birth affidavits which itself is an "affirmation". Very interesting.

12. Ron Gotcher

That's nonsense. Send copies. If the USCIS wants the originals, they will ask for them.

jdoe99 likes this.
  13. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

Ron - because of this latent TB positive issue, I may not get the medicals before 5th October. Do you think I should send the 485 packet without medical on October 1st and then when I get the receipt number send my medical later?

14. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

I would wait till OCT5th and send it as I believe that your file will be pulled out from the queue to update your case again if you send the medicals with the receipt# later. This may delay your EAD/AP. Ron, Please correct me.