1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aos Filed Via F1 - Family Preference, Wedding On Hold - Out Of Status If I Get Married While On Ead?

Discussion in 'Family based immigration' started by Cheasar, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Cheasar

Cheasar New Member

Not 100% sure I was able to locate something in the threads dealing with this type of scenario. Any insights or nuggets of wisdom would be high appreciated.

Pertinent info: I'm currently on H1B and have the opportunity to join a new company. Filed AOS paperwork in Dec 2016 under F1 family preference (I'm unmarried but over 21), I also included the EAD application. My PD is 8/16/2010. I have my wedding scheduled in July of 2017. My understanding is that the marriage will automatically bump me to a F3 family preference and USCIS is processing a significantly later PD in that category.
    My questions are as follows:
    1) If I left my company and joined a new employer with EAD, would I be out of status if my AOS did not result in a GC before my wedding and I was automatically bumped to F3 priority?
    2) Would it be best to delay the wedding while AOS is processing as GC may not be approved in time for July wedding?