1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aos Application

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by SMP, Apr 22, 2016.

1. SMP

SMP New Member

Hi,

I am on L1A visa, I 140 approved with EB1c category with company A. I personally filed I 485 while still being employed by company A with employment letter from company A. I was laid off a few days after filing I 485. Should I get an RFE for employment verification, can I provide support letter from company B if they are willing to hire me?

2. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

No..you would have to start the process again with new employer because your future job is no longer valid.

3. speedracer

speedracer Guru

please get in touch with a qualified lawyer.. you still may be able salvage the 140 and get your process done..

4. SMP

SMP New Member

Thank you for your quick response, however, I should get my EAD (since I applied for the Green Card while I was with the previous employer & was involuntarily terminated) can I start working on the EAD with a new employer I have an offer from? Also, how do I set up a consultation for you to handle my case?

5. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

contact ron !!

6. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If you didn't make it past 180 days with a continuing job offer, the petition is void.