1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any hope for this case

Discussion in 'Criminality' started by sntr, Apr 27, 2012.

1. sntr

sntr Junior Member

I wanted to get your opinion if there is any hope for this case. It is a I-485 EB-3 case.

Before 9/11 I was arrested at an airport for a terrorism related charge. I got angry at the ticket counter and said something I shouldn't have. The prosecutor refused to prosecute so nothing happened out of it. Just one bad night in jail. I got the arrest erased and got a statement of factual innocence. I revealed this incident at my interview and gave them the original statement of factual innocence. This was pretty much the worst decision of my life. I haven't had any other criminal activity in my life and after checking with the FBI there is no arrest record on my file.

Now after 8 1/2 years since I filed my I-485 my priority date is now current but as I expected my case is still not approved. According to the last congressman request it was under an extended review.

Is there any hope for this case or will it eventually be denied. At this point I would like to just get a decision and move on with my life.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: any hope for this case

Find a good, experienced immigration litigator in your area and file a mandamus action. Air this matter in federal court.