1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analysis And Discussion Of White House Report

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Hitman

Hitman New Member

I think you get a period of 30-60 days wherein you are not still in 'Unlawful Presence'. Once you cross that limit, you being your 'UP' and then in 'UP' if you stay here either 6 months or 1 yr you accrue 3 yrs or 10 yrs ban respectively.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It is unlawful presence only if you remain beyond your I-94 expiration date. Otherwise it is unlawful status, which does not carry a bar.

Hitman likes this.
  3. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

But with a pending application with USCIS they could still stay its not unlawful right

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If someone files an extension or new petition before the employee's I-94 expires, then the employee is allowed to remain here lawfully while it is being processed.

5. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Don't you think it will make it even easier for members of numbers usa and fair to get these contract jobs and wreck more havoc? Audit can only go so far....

6. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Somehow, I doubt that. I think the uscis is this bad because nobody good wants to be there. I am sure the agency would have been much better with you in it. But then you are a force for the good and making a difference where you are, and being your own boss, which beats the crap out of being employed by a govt. Organization.

7. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

looks like congress will use the congressional review act after a long time on this rule. (and eventually WH veto-ing it). yet, will be fun to watch..

http://thehill.com/regulation/admin...e-path-back-to-us-for-some-illegal-immigrants

last time CRA was used was in 2001 - http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...onal-review-act-rarely-used-and-almost-always

8. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Can someone post the link of this rule as posted in the FR? I would like to see the comments posted for this rule.

9. Aarun

Aarun Member

Was the rule opened for comments? When? Is it i-140 EAD rule?

10. Kamakazee

No, its not the I-140 EAD rule. This is another one - I think it is 1615-AC03.

11. Aarun

Aarun Member

Does it have any impact for us? If yes, what is that?

12. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

interestingly, AC03 is already published in federal register but the OMB site (reginfo) still shows it as NPRM. I thought the status had to be changed in reginfo site?

13. WhatSheSaid

WhatSheSaid Member

I think this is the one

https://federalregister.gov/a/2015-17794

14. WhatSheSaid

WhatSheSaid Member

15. Kamakazee

It is not showing anymore on the OMB website. It is only after OMB approved the proposed rule that it is now on the FR opened for comments. The new Fall Agenda will have the updated status for the rule showing opened for comments July 2015 and comments closed Sep 215.

If the I-140 EAD/AP rule is not opened for comments by October, that Fall Agenda will simply move the date to April 2016 or something like that. The sky will pretty much fall on EB immigrants then.

16. Senram

Senram Member

How can you decide so fast? October is still 3 months away. It could be finalized in last minute

17. Kamakazee

I have not decided, simply saying that people will flip out if nothing happens by October. On the other hand, the rule could be submitted to OMB today.

18. mayurjain13

mayurjain13 Junior Member

Well frankly no one cares if we flip or not.. or probably nothing will happen as we are so much used to it... All that will definitely happen is; more forums and discussions with no end results...

smartboy likes this.
  19. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

people are flipping out already.. have you read the comments for AC03? folks are cussing their hearts out ..

20. Kamakazee

Wasn't this rule approved by OMB in a day or something? Clearly shows that WH is eager to push this through real fast. Not much luck when it comes to legal immigration reforms.