1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise Please

Discussion in 'How to start the green card process' started by Nick A, May 6, 2015.

  1. Nick A

    Nick A New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Hi, my name is Nick and me and my family came in the US mid March, my american born wife (married to her for 10 years) told me to come to Texas to visit his uncle that lives here and while we were here we fell in love with the place and decided to stay, she has her US passport, SSN, everything, but my 3 (9,6 & 1 year old) children and myself do not because we were born in Mexico.

    We came to the US legally through a B1/B2 visa and we still have 4 more months to be legally here. And since we are all settled we wouldn't like to go back to do it through the consulate, that is why we decided about the adjustment of status. We have not had problems before to enter the US, we've been here several times to visit.

    I already consulted with several lawyers and everyone tells me the same thing. that we have to wait 60 days from our initial entry to the US to apply for the adjustment of status (form I-485) and my wife to submit an Immigrant petition family form (I-130) so we can start our green card applications. That it takes 60-90 days for me to get my EAD card and then to the green card interview. Actually they told me that after the green cards my children immediately apply to be american citizens because of their mother.

    Can somebody tell me if there is something missing here? maybe to submit an I-765 form for the EAD card?

    Any tips to filling the forms, everything that is to be known about the process?

    Can I do this myself (fill and send the forms)? Lawyers tell me my particular case it's quite simple so I don't want to spend that much on lawyers if I can do this myself

    I appreciate everything you can tell me about the process
  2. Ron Gotcher

    Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    The 60 day rule doesn't apply to immediate relatives. You may file for AOS now.

Share This Page