1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advance Parole Document

Discussion in 'Executive Order re Border and Interior Enforcement' started by Harry P, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Harry P

Harry P New Member

2. Harry P

Harry P New Member

*proposed to be cancelled in leak document
    "It would also immediately terminate all the parole policies."

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If it were signed today, "as is," it would invalidate all paroles immediately. Hopefully, they learned their lesson with the Muslim/Refugee ban and will give some advance warning before it becomes effective.

4. Harry P

Harry P New Member

Gotcha so my AP document is useless if it gets signed as is as proposed below?

"Sec. 11. Parole, Asylum, and Removal. It is the policy of the executive branch to end the abuse of parole and asylum provisions currently used to prevent the lawful removal of removable aliens."

I would rather not take a chance and cancel my travel if that is the case, my trip is from Feb 4-12.

Also with AP document becoming useless does it even make sense to renew the document? my document expires in march.

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The problem is that the language is unclear. No one thought that the Friday EO would include LPRs, but that's how they interpreted it. Until it comes down and we know how they are going to interpret it, my advice is stay home and be safe.

Harry P likes this.
  6. Harry P

Harry P New Member

Thanks

7. Harry P

Harry P New Member

Hi Ron,

Can people on AP , Indian Passport travel now or is it still being advised not to travel?