I submitted my application (drop box-same employer and category) for H1B in the second week of May 2014 and got a 221g (white) asking to submit a new petition because the approved petition (I-797 I was relying on) was only valid till May 21. I was trying to use recaptured days and came here to get a few more weeks to recapture as I was short of a few months to be able to get an extension based on a pending perm. Anyhow...I was pretty much struck till my PERM and I-140 were approved and a new I-797 approved on that basis. I submitted the new petition(approval notice I-797 original and a copy) with passport and the 221g at the drop box facility on July 29 and was told to expect a decision in 2-3 days by the Team Stanley representative at the window. When my passport status did not change status from "still at the embassy" I checked CEAC using the case no. on the 221 g and it says administrative processing. It has been 3 months since I came to India for a couple of weeks and now I do not know if I will ever get back to my job or continue to have a job! Besides the job and career hanging in the balance, I am paying NYC rents, have a car, other belongings, and a few pro-bono clients waiting for me to file their cases for a few months now...........Just to add some perspective, I am a direct employee -a lawyer at a NYC "big-law" firm. I have lived and worked in the US for 7 years now. My question is what are my options at this point? It appears I cannot make any inquiries at least for 60 days after my submission. Should I have filed a new H!B visa application instead of responding to the 221(g). Can I do so now? Can I file an application for B1/B2 visa so I can get there to take care of my stuff there. If so, I will need the embassy to return my approval notice and passport. Obviously, once I make it to the US all issues will disappear and I may just have to file a COS from B1/B2 to H1B.