1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ac21

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by skip247, Aug 18, 2015.

1. skip247

skip247 New Member

All. i moved to the US on an L1A ( intracompany transfer). and applied for Eb1c Visa. my i 140 is approved and my i485 has been pending for 180 days. can i change jobs? i have an EAD. the reason i ask is can people who moved to the US on L1A visa use AC21 with EAD.

thank you!

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Yes you may change jobs, but you must remain in the same or similar occupational classification.

3. skip247

skip247 New Member

4. skip247

skip247 New Member

sorry for another question. my i485 has been pending for over 180 and i moving to another company ( my title and job responsibilities are 100% the same as the employer that filed my I-140). i am planning to join the new employer on Sep-30 and file file Ac21 only after that. will there be any issues if my i485 is approved before i join the new employer? after I485 is approved do i still need to file for Ac21 just incase the company tries to revoke my i-140 even though its over 180 days. Thank you in advance

just an FYI - i got an RFE last week with for i-485 surgeon missing signature on i-693 i got this corrected and sent back to USCIS last week.

5. Ron Gotcher

No, there won't be any issues if your AoS is approved quickly.

6. skip247

skip247 New Member

Hi Ron. today i got an i485 approval for both Dependends. my online status still shows RFE received. my spouse and i Got an RFE which we replied together. and her application was approved. i am the primary applicant. we filed EB1c visa. can the dependends get i485 approved even when the primary applicant application is still pending?

Thank you Ron.

7. Ron Gotcher

They are slow to update the public online status database. If your dependents were approved, then you application must have been approved since it would be legally impossible to approve the dependents otherwise.

8. skip247

skip247 New Member

Thank you Ron. the status message for my application changed to approved as well. also the same day my dependents status changed to card production and today their status update shows that card has been mailed. my status still only shows welcome notice and no card production. my dependents green card is in route and my card has not even been produced. just wanted to check if you have come across this kind of situation?

9. Ron Gotcher

What you are experiencing is very common. Last year, I had a client who naturalized and became a U.S. citizen. His I-485 status still showed "pending." They are very slow in updating their public database.

10. skip247

skip247 New Member

Thank you ROn. since my Spouse and kid card is already mailed. i opened an SR last night and they completed the SR and the status now shows as New card has been produced. does that mean the no issues at all and i should be getting the GC soon? Thank you Sir.

11. Ron Gotcher

Yes, that is what it means. Be happy. Celebrate.