1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ac21 Portability?

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by tenfolde, Mar 25, 2015.

1. tenfolde

tenfolde Junior Member

Hello,

Quick questions about AC21 and whether this scenario can reap it's benefits.

Here is the scenario:
    The beneficiary employee, with an approved I-140 and a pending I-485, currently does work and will continue to work remotely, in the US but in another state, for the sponsoring employer. PERM was approved with work location at company headquarters.

After 180 days with a pending I-485 can the beneficiary employee invoke AC21 to move to another job at another company in the same or similar roll? Or is there need to have actually worked those 180 days on-site in the location as required in the PERM?

Beneficiary employee is a Canadian currently with a valid TN, if this information is at all important.

Thank You

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Yes, that will work.

3. tenfolde

tenfolde Junior Member

Ok thanks!

A quick follow up if I may?

I posted a similar question elsewhere and an attorney who responded made comment that it would bring into question the bona fide nature of the PERM job offer, because I work remotely for the petitioner, if I were to switch employers using AC21. Is there any merit to this?

Thanks So Much!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If you remain with the sponsoring employer for at least 180 days following the filing of an application for adjustment of status, the law gives you an absolute right to change employers.

5. tenfolde

tenfolde Junior Member

That is crystal clear. Thank You.