1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Decision Cannot Yet Be Made About Your Application Form N-652

Discussion in 'Notices - please read' started by charles Ntui, Aug 13, 2016.

1. charles Ntui

charles Ntui New Member

I had my Naturalization interview today. Everything went well except the fact that I told the officer that I have an adopted child back home in Africa however he was not listed in my Form N-400 because he is more than 18 years and I don't intend to include him in my application.The officer asked me his date of birth(i told her), about his parents(his mom is decease) and who takes care of him now and also when I did adopted him(I could not remember the exact date i adopted him). Everything else went so well. And at the end of the interview she told she needs more time to review my file but everything looks fine.
    At the end of the interview she gave me a FORM N-652 and it had the following:
    a) You passed the tests of English and US history and Government
    b) A decision cannot yet be made about your application.
    Please I am really worried can someone help explain to me what this mean?
    Any advice will be much appreciated.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Your application will be approved, but they want to get more information about your adopted child.

3. charles Ntui

charles Ntui New Member

Thanks Ron for the answer. My application up to date has not been updated online. Still showing interview has been scheduled. So my next question is what kind of information do they want ? And where will they get the infos? Because I don't have him in any of my docs because I don't intend to bring him to the States.I called the uscis call center I was told the next phase is to schedule an oath ceremony and my application does not show that the is a problem. But when will it be updated online? It's been more than one week now.
    Thanks

4. Ron Gotcher

I can't tell you how long it will take. It should be too long, however.

5. charles Ntui

charles Ntui New Member

It should be too long or it should not be too long?

6. Ron Gotcher

It should not be too long before you receive an answer.