1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

221g and NOIR on previous H1B->H4->COS to H1B Stamping

Discussion in 'NIV applications in India' started by sj2003, Feb 23, 2013.

1. sj2003

sj2003 Junior Member

Hi Ron,

I received 221g in Dec,2011 and as the processing was taking time, i went for H4 and successfully got the visa. Before going for interview, i resigned from my employer (A) and requested withdrawal of my visa application.

Fortunately after couple of months in US on H4, i managed to do a COS from H4->H1 with a new employer (B) for a project with their direct client(New client for me as well). I started working once my change of status was approved.

Later after some days i received a mail from the consulate that they have returned my petition with previous employer(A) to KCC and have refused me visa under 221g.

Recently i got a Full time job with a big high tech company-C and joined them after my H1B transfered was approved.

Recently while checking the previous 221g petition, i see that USCIS had sent a NOIR to my previous employer (A). Employer A told me that they have responded to it by requesting withdrawal of the H1B petition as i no longer work for them.

Now i am planning to go to India and will need to go for my h1B stamping for company C

Will my previous 221g denial cause or COS to H1B from H4 cause any issues during stamping?
    And what question can i expect from VO?.

Please Advice.

2. vineet1234

vineet1234 Junior Member

Re: 221g and NOIR on previous H1B->H4->COS to H1B Stamping

Anything can happen..
    depends on the mood of the interviewer..
    You can get another 221g (irrespective of you previously had a denial or approval)
    Every time you go for the interview, it is a new day, a new game with the same risks