1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1615-zb44 - Whats This About?

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by amang, Oct 16, 2015.

1. amang

amang New Member

Seeing references of this rule, what would this give to EB2 or EB3 India/China?

The rule is not published in Unified agenda, is what I see in reggov, what does this mean?

2. Greywind

Greywind Guru

It just clarifies(I think broadens) the definition of same or similar jobs while moving jobs after approved 140 and during AOS. It means nothing for people in backlog. We will know the details once (if)it is published for comments.

3. LeoNYC

LeoNYC Registered Users

During AOS is the sad part here. What's the point of this rule is no one has a chance to file AOS?

4. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

I do not think it's just post-AOS --- Although it would help atleast those folks with that interpretation. I suppose AC21 same-or-similar would be applicable for the 1615-AC05 beneficiaries as well. Otherwise, we get back to the same argument - how will same or similar be applicable to 1615-AC05 beneficiaries...

5. LeoNYC

LeoNYC Registered Users

I truly hope you are right. If this basically means AC21 at the stage of I 140 approval prior to AOS that is huge. Because honestly, everyone with approved I 140s has an active H1B, so we can port on H1B if this rule comes through. We don't have to wait for I 140 EAD to port.

6. Greywind

Greywind Guru

Don't count your chickens yet. AC05 has a long way to go. If you're watching the USCIS actions in the past few weeks, you know what I am talking about.