Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Restamping before expiry

Hi all,

My current H1B I-797 will expire in Sep. 30th. My company is in process of filing a 3yr extension, but they are still in the 10-day job posting period, so the attorney will not probably file until mid-Sep. Hopefully with Premium processing it might get approved before the end of Sep.

My question: My latest H1B visa stamp was issued for 1 year (county-limit), and expires on Oct-17. Due to admin processing, it took almost 5 months to renew it last time. If i have the approval 797, and go to renew my visa either at home consulate, or in Canada, what would happen? A. Would they renew the visa without doing any new sec. checks or admin processing? B. Would they cancel my current visa if they put my new one on admin processing? C. Else?

Also another question: If one comes back using AP while his H1B restamping is pending (or even without), does he still maintain H1B status or gets in the 'AP' status when coming back ?

The purpose is just to have a renewed H1B before my current one expires, if this will be any advantage.

Please advice - I appreciate all the help
Working...
X