X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVC processing time

How does NVC determine if cases will be eligible for further processing ??

Are they basing it also on the Visa Bulletin and if so how many months
    from the posted cut-off dates do they process. Been hearing of within 9 mos from the cut-off dates? Any truth to this?

Also, would it be easier if NVC just post dates on what they are currently processing rather make each client call or e-mail them for their current status?

In addition, I have read unconfirmed reports that a PD of Nov. 2005 has recently been completed by NVC and case transferred to the consulate and PDs of Dec. 2005 are currently being processed as well. Could this be a good reason to justify that the next VB might see at least a Dec. 2005 or a Jan. 2006 cut-off date from that country?

Thanks in advance.

Re: NVC processing time

For all cases, the NVC opens a file and issues a fee bill. When the case's priority date moves within a specified interval of the current priority date, they begin doing more and more work on the case. When the priority date becomes current, they are in a position to order a visa number immediately and schedule an interview.
    Ron

James Ronald Gotcher
    Global Immigration Partners
    4505 Las Virgenes Road, Suite 107
    Calabasas, CA 91302

818-914-6482
    Inquiries@GotcherLaw.com

Comment

My i-140 approval notice was send from uscis to nvc in 13 May 2008. Today I called them,they said haven't recived my case.How can we have uscis send the notification to nvc and how long does it take to get there? thanks.

Comment

The CIS generally takes about a month to actually send the approved petition after the approval date. Count on about six months between the I-140 approval date and your interview overseas - assuming your priority date is current and you respond promptly to all requests from the NVC.
        Ron

James Ronald Gotcher
        Calabasas, CA 91302

818-914-6482
        Inquiries@GotcherLaw.com

Comment

I am an US citizen and I applied for an I-130 petition for my wife in January 2010. We recently recieved an update from the National visa Center that the final document was received. All of the other documentation was sent and has been processed. They received the requested document on July 6th 2010. The operator told me that this is the only document that is needed for them to process teh case and schedule an interview. I would like to understand how much time will it take for the NVC to process the final document and schedule an interview. It has already been 7 months since I applied..so was just wondering

Thanks

Comment

Please see the posting at http://www.immigration-information.c...html#post46730
            Ron

James Ronald Gotcher
            Calabasas, CA 91302

818-914-6482
            Inquiries@GotcherLaw.com

Comment

hi i'm 4m bangladesh.my mom's brother applied f4 visa 4 us and it approved on sep23,2009.our priority date is nov26,2002.now the current pd is june,2001 according to visa bulletin aug2010.the pd is moving 5months a month.so when will our pd current??and if our pd become current,will they mail us the choice of address and agent(form DS-3032) or mail us an appointment letter 4 interview??can u describe the consular processing please??HELP ME!

Comment

Right now, due to low demand, family based cutoff dates are moving forward faster than would normally be the case. This could continue, or it could stop at any time. There is no way to predict what will happen. This unusually swift forward movement depends entirely upon people who are established on the waiting list giving up and not immigrating.
                Ron

James Ronald Gotcher
                Calabasas, CA 91302

818-914-6482
                Inquiries@GotcherLaw.com

Comment

can anyone predict the visa bulletin for spe2010 on f4 category

Comment

hi,my pd is nov2002 on f4.Can anyone please predict when i will receive ds-3032 and when my pd will current.plz need help!

Comment

Originally posted by joy View Post
                      hi,my pd is nov2002 on f4.Can anyone please predict when i will receive ds-3032 and when my pd will current.plz need help!
                      Late 2011 or early 2012 but that is just a guess.

Comment

Hi,

I have a question. My petition from US cis has already been approved and i also received notification for further processing in july 2010. However since I got married in june. I wrote them an email saying I am married etc etc.. and they sent me a document saying my catagory has been changed and now its not ready for further processing. Now my question is does my husband needs to fill up an application such as I-130 ? Or they will send me the doc i need to file when my case is ready for further processing?

Information that you find in case as such is so incomplete in travel.state.gov or in USCIS.

Comment

Working...
                        X